This quick, easy and autumnal turmeric pumpkin soup is sweet, spicy, nutty and packed with vitamins and autumn vibes. It's so easy you can prep it in advance and then whiz up in minutes for your own heart healthy lunchtime snack or adjust quantities for a cosy supper with your favourite people.
We make a single serving in a Nutribullet, however , you can easily use a hand blender instead.
Keep your Halloween pumpkins 🎃 and look forward to this piping hot, sweet and savoury snack. You'll be left wanting more!
(for a single portion)
- Flesh of any sized pumpkin
- 1-3 tsp SugaVida Triple-Strength Turmeric Superblends (Original, Cardamom or Ginger flavour)
- Salt & Pepper seasoning
- 240ml Almond Milk
- Fresh mint or other herbs (optional)
Prepare the pumpkin in advance...
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius.
- In advance (if you wish) scoop out the flesh of a pumpkin. Ideally cut the pumpkin into wedges and cut off the rind being very careful. Dispose of the rind and cut the flesh into large cubes or wedges to fit onto a baking or roasting tray.
- Lay the pumpkin on a baking tray, season with pepper salt and 1-2 tsp of SugaVida Triple-Strength Turmeric Superblend flavour of your choice (we love Cardamon or Ginger for extra warmth in the Autumn).
- Dry roast in an oven (no oil necessary!) for an hour or until soft.
- Allow to cool. At this point you can freeze in tubs or food bags for when you're ready to make the soup (and other wonderful pumpkin recipes).
Prepare the soup in minutes...
- Take one mug of cooked pumpkin flesh (freshly roasted or defrosted from your prepped batch) and add to a bowl or Nutribullet blender.
- Add 1 tsp of chosen SugaVida Triple-Strength Turmeric Superblends.
- Add 250ml Almond Milk (more if you prefer the soup thinner).
- Whizz for 20-30 seconds, then pour into a small pan and warm through on the hob, or pour into your favourite mug and heat in the microwave for around 1 minute or until warmed through.
- Top with fresh herbs.
- Find your little corner of heaven, sip and enjoy.